Monday, August 23, 2010

college

Well, I'm here! It has been a crazy past few days. I feel like it has been years! The first day I was excited but it was crazy. Our room is sooo small but Lauren (my awesome roommate) and I made it all cute. So, my room is pretty homey actually! The showers suck, but its ok. We'll deal. haha

The first few days they just bombarded us with activities and information. I was so exhausted. I texted more than I ever texted in my life and i never knew what I was doing. I felt like I had to meet everyone and also try to hang out with people I already knew. I slept so much. Whenever we had a break I would come and just SLEEP.

Yesterday I went to the Alliance church with, well, everyone from camp that goes here I guess! Just being honest, the service wasn't mind-blowing or anything, but it kinda made me feel at home and I like that. Then we all went to eat Japanese. Who knew I liked Japanese? Well, now ya know! That afternoon and still came back and took a nap. It was necessary!

Then the Aunt Anna, Uncle Brian, Seth, and Joseph came to surprise visit us! We just talked a little, but that also made me feel more at home. After that I had to rush off to an honors welcome dinner. I met some nice, sorta different, but nice people there. We argued with an opera singer about whether Glee was a good show or not. Fun stuff!

After that I came back and I just started crying. I felt overwhelmed. I felt like I had a choice of fitting in here, and losing everyone else that I care about, or sitting in my room all day trying to stay in touch. These past few days I had been texting everyone I've ever known. I'd been stressed about who to hang out with, and trying to not hurt peoples feelings while also doing what I wanted to do.

Thanks to some needed intervention, it was brought to my attention that I was trying to fit four years of college into just a few days. This is not what it is always going to be like. I will visit home. People will visit me. I will get settled. I will find a group. I will learn my way around. I will learn how to live here. It will all be ok. Also, whatever happens, however hard or heartbreaking will be according to God's perfect will. How do people survive without being able to say that?

So, I took a few deep breaths, put on some more makeup, and went to college connection. It was good. I'm pretty positive I will keep going to it. After that we hung out in the connector lobby and watched Date Night and That 70s Show until 1:00. Then I went to bed, then I woke up, now I am here :)




Take a few deep breaths, and remember that God has a perfect plan.    

1 comment:

  1. you are there!! have so much fun, friend! i'm praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete