Wednesday, May 6, 2009

walking on sunshine


Today was a momentous day. It was the last day of classes. I still have anatomy, but that is due by next next Friday, so I can take my sweet time. I feel free. I feel like a butterfly that emerged from its cocoon. I feel like a baby chick that just hatched, and is excited, but does not know what to do except fluff around and cheep for joy!

What I do this summer is in the hands of God right this moment. I guess it always is, but it takes the uncertain to make me realize that. Whatever happens I can be certain that there is a reason. Nothing is more freeing than that.

Something concerns me: my engagement. As officiated by Facebook, I am engaged to Tim Roberts. I did not want to change my relationship status to protect myself from being bombarded with notifications from curious Facebookers. So far I have had one message from one of my mom's friends, and a call to my mother from Mrs. Carlson who was worried that someone had hacked into my Facebook and troubled by my use of the term "butt head" (what I really wrote was butte head. If you don't know what a butte is, google it. I guess there was pun intended, but blame Andrew for the crass play on words.) Emma Carlson also asked me three times how Tim was. I said that he was fine. Two mothers and Emma are concerned about my relationship. I guess no one expects me to be serious, or they don't care who Tim Roberts is. They could at least pretend...

DON'T WORRY GUYS!!!! I'M NOT REALLY ENGAGED!!!! IT'S ALL A JOKE!!! DON't HAVE A HEART ATTACK OR ANYTHING!!!!

PS: My picture signifies summer :]

No comments:

Post a Comment