Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Change

‎"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” - Anatole France


This quote was on Criminal Minds and I love that show. I have a complete love/hate relationship with change. I was ready for college because I was tired of Raleigh and all its sameness. I wanted a clean slate, somewhere to move in and redecorate, and new scenery, but when I was there all I wanted was my sameness back. I think that is the part of my old life dying. I mean, there are people and places that I will never forget and they will always be a part of my life, but they will never play the same part in my life. A part of myself is left behind and it must have been a big part because I miss it. Now it is time for me to die to my old life. Not my best friends and not Raleigh, but to the parts they used to play in my life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment