Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sometimes the world has really good ideas. Especially when it comes to college. For instance, the honors program lady told me that it was a really bad idea for me not to live in the honors dorm because I wouldn't be surrounded by people who wanted to be diligent like me. She told me I would probably fail. Well, I have a very good reason for choosing not to live there. God worked out a perfect roommate situation, and I feel way more comfortable living with her instead of living with a bunch of geniuses in East Hall. The honors lady had great advice. It was based on many studies.

I am a very logical person. I really want to base my life on logic. Logic just makes sense. Lately, I'm realizing that God doesn't necessarily call us to be logical. He calls us to be faithful. This is really scary to me because I can't decide if I'm being stupid or faithful. God did give us common sense for a reason, but God also told Noah to build a giant boat.

It may sound like I'm on my way to having a radical faith, but could I just be trying to justify my stupid actions? When I get hurt maybe I'll realize that it wasn't my faith, but my stupidity. Right now I don't know what God wants me to do. I really don't. Logic has a solid answer, but does God want me to be logical?

Maybe I just don't want to be logical about this, because then I'll know I'm stupid. But what does God want?

No comments:

Post a Comment