Monday, June 21, 2010

So I'm sitting here on my porch, and I am very sweaty. My co-counselor/sandwich delivery woman is doing who-knows-what all around camp. I am running circles around my porch. Well, I was. I ran for a while, then I did 50 situps. Then I did 65 lunges (which are harder than you think!) Then I ran some more and did a 2 minute wall sit. I am getting quite the workout! I'm not sure what is motivating me, but hey, whatever it is, I hope it keeps on motivating!

Today I swam in the New Life Camp pool. That pool is such a blessing. We prayed for that thing so hard! God is good. It is super awesome. I got a little burned, but it was worth it, and maybe it'll turn into tan? We shall see!

I realized a huge problem. I am a server person. I am a Martha. Yes, I work at camp, and yes, I believe that God wants me here to serve Him. The problem is that I am getting so caught up in all the work and all my jobs and making sure I have just enough time to do them all so that I can hang out with people I want to hang out with later. I am not being selfish about my relationship with Christ, and it is hurting me. In my actions I see myself as a good person who is helping God. I am helping God? Am I crazy? Yeah, probably. Every BREATH I take is from Him...

Toooo the dining hall :)

1 comment:

  1. I believe you meant Martha and I know how you feel. And as I read this, I can hear you saying it. Though I know it is of your struggles, it brings a smile to my face to see the wisdom in your words.

    ReplyDelete